Where is the “Muddy” puddle when there is no rain on a fine hot day? The ground is dry so that there is nothing to splash and splosh. On hotter days it does not snow and all of us are thirsty as the temperature is 30 degrees.
The young people’s “Beauty Spa” is luxurious and offers excellent treatment in the Burrow’s shaded Arch garden, book your slot to avoid disappointment!
Some of the children jumped into the water. They were totally wet with smiley faces.
The importance of sensory play within this child led activity included feeling the water, giving someone’s attention to the sound of water and an act of someone’s gaze in order to see the movement and reflection of water. Some of the children, at the Burrow Arch, love to play barefoot in the pool. We listen and observe as adults and allow the activity to flow naturally. The children played with their feet, their facial expressions demonstrated the positive emotions they were experiencing. We enjoyed listening to their laughter.
During this activity the children learnt how to care for themselves and understand a little about regulating their temperature on a hot day. It’s was a cooling experience for them to bathe their feet in the cool water.
We provided sunhats and sun cream for children and they wear protective t-shirts, long sleeves and hats, just another little routine that teaches us to value ourselves and our bodies and care for them appropriately.
So here are the Burrowers’ top tips for cool feet!
- Consider wearing sandals or even go barefoot!
- Ouch! Avoid heat absorbing surfaces…sand, tarmac, metal.
- Avoid using woolly boots or welly boots.
- Babies and toddlers find it relaxing to have their feet massaged, if they’re finding it hard to sleep at night, try rubbing a little massage oil into their feet to help them reach the land of snoozes.
- Who needs a paddling pool? If you don’t have space for a paddling pool, a bucket will do or even a washing up bowl. Fill it with cool water, maybe an empty shampoo bottle and watch what happens.
Here are some wonderful photos as below….it is amazing, isn’t it?