If your child is aged between 5-15 years, has a keen sense of adventure, loves the outdoors and relishes the opportunity to learn new skills then come and be a Forest School Free Ranger for a day during school holidays.
Our Forest School holiday clubs are run by Ed (aka Red Fox) either on site at Free Rangers Nursery or at our very own little woods (Otter Brook Woods) a short walk away from the Nursery. Please see the dates to the right of the page for details on which course is running on which days. Our Forest School clubs can be very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment. You can download the Forest School Booking & Parental Consent Form and Medical Form below needed for participants attending Forest School.
- Medical Form -
Forest School Holiday Club (5 - 10yrs)
Our original Club typically finds your children experiencing a variety of tools such as supervised knife and axe use, den/shelter building, learning about lighting and building fires safely with fire steels, problem-solving, cooking a delicious lunch, surveying and exploring the brook or pond, or playing a multitude of forest school games. We look to challenge your child on these days, to have a try and learn something new, or to reinforce any knowledge and skills they bring with them, establishing a healthy and positive connection with the outdoors. We guarantee they'll come home smoky, muddy, healthy and full of adventure!
TIMINGS AND PRICES
Sessions for both courses run from 9am till 4pm. We do try to leave as close to drop-off as possible to maximise our time outdoors. The cost is £30 for our Holiday Club and £35 for the Forest Skills. We also offer a £5 discount off the original price for any extra days booked and these prices are inclusive of lunch (see below). We accept cash, cheques and also have BACS (bank transfer) available as well. Cheques made payable to Free Rangers Nursery.
- Old clothes – we recommend long sleeves and trousers regardless to protect arms/legs from stinging nettles.
- Full waterproofs should the weather change.
- Wellies and old trainers.
- A complete change of clothing.
- Some delicious snacks and a drink (Lunch is provided, usually 'wrap' pizza with a choice of toppings although we can offer alternatives. Special dietary needs are always taken into consideration) – cold/hot drinks, biscuits and marshmallow will be provided, if Ed doesn't eat them all, BUT we recommend bringing some extra snacks and drink to tide them over.
- Sun Cream – should the weather dictate.
- Any specific medication needed for your child(ren).
- A keen sense of adventure - an absolute must!
2017 FOREST SCHOOL Holiday
(Please note: dates listed below are liable to change)
Monday 20TH FEB - FRIDAY 24TH FEb
Monday 10th April - Thursday 13th April
Tuesday 30th May - Friday 02nd June
Monday 24th July - Friday 28th July
Monday 21st August - Friday 25th August
If you have any questions regarding Forest School clubs please contact us. Need more persuasion? Then have a look at our Flickr page on the link below to see what we get up to...
Level 3 Forest School Leader's Qualification
Level 3 Forest School Leaders Qualification
2017 DATES TBC...
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.